What is Return to Work?
It is a practical programme designed to prepare you for the next exciting steps in your life. You will learn skills to get you back into work. The Return to Work course is delivered both in college and at work-based placements.
Who can apply?
The course is open to anyone working towards Entry 3.
You must not be in full time employment and you must also be receiving benefits.
What work can I do?
Everyone is different, and everyone has different goals. We will work with you to find out what you enjoy and where you would like to work so you can gain experience in your chosen area. Work placements can be found in many areas including:
- Motor mechanics
- Child and adult care
- Hospitality and catering
- Animal care
- …and more
We will also prepare you for work, supporting you with:
- Travel training – using public transport
- Road safety
- Keeping safe
- Following instructions
- Dressing appropriately
- Making choices
- Building confidence and self esteem
- How to communicate in a work situation
- Building appropriate relationships in the workplace
- Working as a group
- Managing change, coping with new people, new places
You will have the opportunity to work towards:
- E3-L2 Skills for Employment
- E3-L2 Personal Development